Komla Dumor - Biography
Komla Afeke Dumor (3 October 1972 — 18 January 2014) was a Ghanaian journalist who was born in Accra, Ghana. His grandfather was Philip Gbeho, composer of the Ghanaian national anthem. As of June 2012, Dumor was the main presenter of the BBC World News programme Focus on Africa
Dumor joined the BBC African Service in 2006 as host of the radio programme Network Africa. From 2008 to 2012 he presented The World Today on the BBC World Service. In 2011 Dumor began presenting the World News and Africa Business Report on BBC World News television. When the latter was relaunched in 2013; fellow BBC correspondent, Lerato Mbele was chosen as host.
Prior to joining the BBC he worked for Joy FM in Accra, Ghana, and was the 2003 winner of Journalist of the Year award given by the Ghana Journalist Association. Dumor was the only West African news reader on BBC World News.
Initially, Dumor studied medicine but he changed course and graduated from the University of Ghana with a BSc in Sociology and Psychology and from Harvard University with an MA in Public Administration. He is married to Kwansema, with whom he has three children.
He died suddenly on 18 January 2014, in London. His death was from cardiac arrest.
Write Your Comment
- Pastor Asks Female Church Members To Strip Before Praying For Them To Get A Husband
- Video of girl's private session with her boyfriend inside the bush leaks
- Husband Catches Wife Naked On Top Of Her Pastor - Video
- 19 Yrs Old Ghanaian Girl, Nahnah Abynah Commits Suicide After Sex Tape Leaks - [Video]
- Ghanaian Girl's Private Video Leaks - Please Ladies Don't Ever Try This
- Married woman's private photos posted online by ex-husband
- Benedicta Yeboah, S3x Tape Girl Opens Up: "Plz I'm Not Dead...I'm Sorry, But We All Make Mistakes"
- Shame As Another Ghanaian Girl Roselyn Aidoo's Boyfriend Leaks Her Private Photos - Photos