Roland Agambire (left) and Joseph Siaw Agyapong (right)
The committee specifically mentioned the names of Roland Agambire of AGAMS Group, Joseph Siaw Agyapong of Zoomlion and Jospong Group and Seidu Agongo of Zeera Group of Companies.
According to the report, there is a certain impression that the three are untouchable.
According to Manasseh Azure Awuni, the report cites “extreme focus of power and authority at the top echelons of governance”, which has resulted in a situation whereby the deputy national coordinators of GYEEDA, the Monitoring and Evaluation team, and Regional Coordinators are unaware of modules that have been approved and for which implementation had started.
The Committee found instances of growing disregard by service providers for Regional Coordinators who insisted on value for money.
According to the report, the skewing of contracts in favor Mr. Roland Agambire, Joseph Agyapong and Seidu Agongo “crowded out innovations and new ideas from other potentially capable citizens.”
It says there was “evidence of individuals owning in excess of eight modules at a single time with aggregate contract values in excess of GH¢150m.”
The committee noted “this approach significantly affected the quality of ideas implemented and resulted in a credibility challenge for the programmes/modules with allegations of ‘pirating’ of concepts and ideas.”
The report casts doubt on the number of beneficiaries service providers claim they engage. For instance, “a senior management staff who doubled as a coordinator of the RLG’s module was reassigned by the National Coordinator after raising concerns about the purported number of persons trained in one of RLG’s report.
The management team member who doubled as a module coordinator for RLG’s Youth in ICT programme said the company trained "300 rather than 5,000 as stated in the report."
The report says this action “creates the impression that some service providers are ‘untouchable’ and are able to remotely manipulate GYEEDA for their wishes to be done."
This view, the report says "is compounded by service providers directly exerting pressure on GYEEDA staff, in particular members of the Monitoring and Evaluation team to produce reports as the service providers wish in order to receive payment.”
The report also described as unhealthy how some private companies request “government to apportion state resources in a particular manner for their benefit.
For instance, in letters dated 28th April, 2011 and 9th January, 2012, Mr. Henry Kangah and Mr. Roland Agambire, National Coordinator of Asongtaba Cottage Industries and CEO of rlg respectively, requested 50% of the “Talk Time Tax” be dedicated to the Trades and Vocation and the rest 50% dedicated ICT module. Mr. Roland Agambire owns both companies.
Effectively, Mr. Agambire’s demand was for 100% of GYEEDA’s allocation of the Communication Service Tax be dedicated to companies owned by him,” the report says. The Communication Service Tax is the most reliable source of funding for GYEEDA.” For Joy News, Manasseh Azure Awuni reporting.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Video: Shocking, Pastor Also Records His Love Session With Wife And Got Leaked [18+]
- Shocking: US Doctors Discover Woman With 2 Private Parts [Photos]
- 2 Videos: Scary, Girl Curses Ex-Lover At The Riverside Over Her Leaked Nude Video
- Shocking What Some University Big Girls Do Secretly In Their Hostels [18+]
- Kwaku Manu Admits Fathering Liwin's Son, Wife Confesses
- YFM Radio Presenter Kidnapped And Gang Raped
- South African Girl Commits Suicide After S3x Tape Leaked
- Exclusive Video: The Legon Students Gay Porn Finally Out
- Miss BumBums - Photos
- Kidnap And Rape Saga: Hotel Owner Reveals YFM Presenter, Ada Lied
- Bishop Obinim Reveals Sleeping With Junior Pastor's Wife Was A Good Thing
- 45 Year Old Struggling To Have S3x After Manhood Gets Too Big With Silicone Injections
- I’m A Sick Man, Daddy Lumba Finally Opens Up
- Malawi Orders Police To Shoot Albinos Assailants
- Video: Scary, Girl Curses Ex-Lover At The Riverside Over Her Leaked Nude Video
- Could This Be For The Love Or For The Money?
- Video: Suprising What Actress Roselyn Ngissah Said About Her S3x Positions And More
- YFM Presenter Kidnap And Rape Saga: Boyfriend Reveals It Was Staged [Audio]
- University Ladies Fingering Themselves In Hostel
- Nadia Buari Shows Off Twins On Instagram
- Ice Prince Finally Reveals Why He Broke Up With Yvonne Nelson
- Bishop Obinim - My Church Members See Me As Jesus Christ [Video]
- Friend Discloses, Ms Ada Walked From Mankessim To Takoradi Half-Naked, With Rubbish As Boyfriends Birthday Gift
- Workers Strip Their Boss Naked - Photos
- Check Out 8 Celebrities Who Openly Bleached Their Skin
- YFM Presenter Kidnap And Rape Saga: This Is What Afia Schwarzenegger Said About Ms. Ada’s Case
- VIDEO: Kenyan Lady Caught Hiding A 3 Months Old Baby Inside A Bag
- Tano South DCE's S3x Tape Goes Viral
- Secret Wedding: Pawpaw To Marry Ghanaian Girlfriend Soon
- Van Vicker Features Daughter In New Movie, Day After Death
- Denu Jail Breakers Finger Police
- VIDEO: I Once Washed Nkomode’s Car For Money, Akrobeto Confesses
- Tinny- Anaconda
- Funny!! 7 Year Old Girl Caught Parent In The Act, See What Happened
- 100 Prostitutes In Nigeria Declare Free S3x To Celebrate Buhari's Victory
- John Mahama Proffers Resignation As President Of Ghana
- Actress Afrocandy Shows Off Full Nips In New Photo
- Woman Gives Birth On Rough Road In Lagos [Photo]
- Meet 2015 Top 5 Richest Actresses In Nigeria
- Samini, Obrafour, Kaakie And Others At Ghetto KB’s Funeral Service
- Bride with ten husbands, married six of them in one year alone
- Later Day Manna Falls In Thailand As Fish Rain Over Streets