Roland Agambire (left) and Joseph Siaw Agyapong (right)
The committee specifically mentioned the names of Roland Agambire of AGAMS Group, Joseph Siaw Agyapong of Zoomlion and Jospong Group and Seidu Agongo of Zeera Group of Companies.
According to the report, there is a certain impression that the three are untouchable.
According to Manasseh Azure Awuni, the report cites “extreme focus of power and authority at the top echelons of governance”, which has resulted in a situation whereby the deputy national coordinators of GYEEDA, the Monitoring and Evaluation team, and Regional Coordinators are unaware of modules that have been approved and for which implementation had started.
The Committee found instances of growing disregard by service providers for Regional Coordinators who insisted on value for money.
According to the report, the skewing of contracts in favor Mr. Roland Agambire, Joseph Agyapong and Seidu Agongo “crowded out innovations and new ideas from other potentially capable citizens.”
It says there was “evidence of individuals owning in excess of eight modules at a single time with aggregate contract values in excess of GH¢150m.”
The committee noted “this approach significantly affected the quality of ideas implemented and resulted in a credibility challenge for the programmes/modules with allegations of ‘pirating’ of concepts and ideas.”
The report casts doubt on the number of beneficiaries service providers claim they engage. For instance, “a senior management staff who doubled as a coordinator of the RLG’s module was reassigned by the National Coordinator after raising concerns about the purported number of persons trained in one of RLG’s report.
The management team member who doubled as a module coordinator for RLG’s Youth in ICT programme said the company trained "300 rather than 5,000 as stated in the report."
The report says this action “creates the impression that some service providers are ‘untouchable’ and are able to remotely manipulate GYEEDA for their wishes to be done."
This view, the report says "is compounded by service providers directly exerting pressure on GYEEDA staff, in particular members of the Monitoring and Evaluation team to produce reports as the service providers wish in order to receive payment.”
The report also described as unhealthy how some private companies request “government to apportion state resources in a particular manner for their benefit.
For instance, in letters dated 28th April, 2011 and 9th January, 2012, Mr. Henry Kangah and Mr. Roland Agambire, National Coordinator of Asongtaba Cottage Industries and CEO of rlg respectively, requested 50% of the “Talk Time Tax” be dedicated to the Trades and Vocation and the rest 50% dedicated ICT module. Mr. Roland Agambire owns both companies.
Effectively, Mr. Agambire’s demand was for 100% of GYEEDA’s allocation of the Communication Service Tax be dedicated to companies owned by him,” the report says. The Communication Service Tax is the most reliable source of funding for GYEEDA.” For Joy News, Manasseh Azure Awuni reporting.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- University Ladies Fingering Themselves In Hostel
- Tano South DCE's S3x Tape Goes Viral
- Prince Kelvin Boateng S3x Position By Akumaa Mama Zimbi
- Witch/wizard caught by Madina police
- Photo Of The Day: Ex- President, J.J. Rawlings’ Twin Brother Found
- “Why Should I Donate Money To Africa”, “What Has Africa Done For Me”?, Floyd Mayweather Opens Up
- MP's Wife Caught Having S3x With Her Boyfriend In The Bush - Photos
- Nollywood Actor, Mike Ezuruonye Arrested In The USA - Photo
- VIDEO: Floyd Mayweather Should Postpone His Fight With Manny Pacquiao, Nana Kweku Bonsam Cries Out
- Photos: Ghanaian Pastor’s Daughter Comes Out As Gay On Big Brother UK
- Sakawa Boy Confesses - ''I Have $2 Million Dollars And 6 Bedroom House But Will Gladly Give Them Up If There Is A Way"
- I Need A Husband, Genevieve Nnaji Confesses
- Funny Photo: Liwin Meets Barack And Michelle Obama
- Nigerian Governor Adams Oshiomhole, 63, Marries 29 Year Old Model, Lara Fortes - Photos
- Samini, Obrafour, Kaakie And Others At Ghetto KB’s Funeral Service
- Van Vicker Weeps During Interview At Dumsor Vigil
- HILARIOUS!!: Man Raped By 3 Women At Gunpoint
- Nkansah And The Prostitute
- KKD’s Daughter Has No Fear Of God In Her, Private Lawyer Reveals
- Martin Anderson, Ghanaian Drug Trafficker Killed By Firing Squad In Indonesia
- SHOCKING: Nigerian Restaurant Shut Down For Serving Human Flesh
- Little Ladies Men
- Pentecost Deacon Caught In The Act
- Billionaire Takes His 6,400 Workers On Holiday To Paris, Spends Over $50m - Photos
- Yvonne Nelson Blasts Mahama
- Super-Sized Model- Hubby Loves My Eight Foot Belly
- Castro’s Father Reveals His Disappointed In Sarkodie
- Anas Attacks John Dumelo
- Sarkodie Records With American Rapper Ace Hood - Photos
- President Mahama Breaks Silence, Says ''I’ll Join Yvonne Nelson And Sarkodie For The #DumsorMustStop Demo"
- KSM, Sarkodie And Others Meet Nana Akufo-Addo
- #DumsorMustStop Vigil: Yvonne Nelson And Others Begin Protest - Photos
- #DumsorMustStop Vigil: Fake HIV/AIDS Ambassador, Joyce Dzidzor Mensah Attacks Yvonne Nelson
- Check Out 45 S3x Positions Every Couple Must Try
- Barack Obama Lied About Osama’s Death To Claim Glory, Reports Reveal
- VIDEO: Mahama Lacks Skills To Manage Affairs – Yvonne Nelson Attacks
- Agya Koo
- Nollywood Actor, Chinedu Ikedieze And Wife On Romantic Trip To Paris
- PHOTOS: Manny Pacquiao Arrives In La Vegas For Big Fight
- #DumsorMustStop Vigil: Yvonne Nelson Shows Us Venue - Video
- Yvonne Nelson Talks About The Effect Of Dumsor On Her Purse
- VIDEO: Kwabena Kwabena Surprises Woman At Her Wedding In Germany