Government workers who request for original hard copies of their payslips to facilitate loan applications are being compelled by some loan officers and workers at the Controller and Accountant-General’s Department (CAGD) to pay between GH¢40 and GH¢100 before the payslips are printed for them.
As a policy, financial institutions accept only original pay slips for loan transactions, so workers who readily do not have the latest slips for the three months preceding their loan application are forced to pay the illegal fees to some loan officers who claim they need to pay some workers of the CAGD to get the slips.
At the Kwame Nkrumah Circle branch of IZWE Loans Company, The Mirror learnt that clients who did not have the slips pay between GH¢40 and GH¢100 to agents who work at the company, who in turn pay the money to their contacts at the CAGD to get the slips to enable them to process the loan applications.
For instance, an applicant who visited the CAGD in the company of The Mirror on Wednesday, November 6, to pick copies of her payslips for the months of August, September and October was told to call again next week as the department was having some challenges with the printing of the payslips.
However, when the applicant returned to IZWE and reported the challenges she was facing at the CAGD with regard to her payslips, one of the officers managed to get the payslips from his contact (s) at the CAGD almost immediately.
It was also revealed that the loan officers do all they can to get clients’ payslips to enable them to process their loan applications because they get commission on the number of clients that they bring in to take loans.
When The Mirror visited the Swanzy Arcade branch of the Consumer Finance Company, a loan officer confirmed that he could get all the payslips required to process a loan application, without the involvement of the applicant (government worker).
In September, the CAGD announced the introduction of electronic payslips or E-Payslips for public sector workers. The system, expected on stream before the end of 2013, would enable workers to view the summary of their payslips on mobile phones before going to the banks.
Madam Grace Adzroe, the acting Controller and Accountant-General, announced this at the inauguration of a payroll printing site in Ho for the Eastern and Volta regions recently.
Some workers received their E-Payslips for the month of September on their mobile phones, which means they could also print them out from their computers if they so wished.
However, an officer at IZWE, who pleaded anonymity, said the company would not accept payslips that workers would print out themselves because some people could print many payslips and attempt to take multiple loans from various companies, thus putting the businesses of the loan companies at risk.
“We deface the original copies printed by the CAGD that the applicants present to us after we have finished processing the loans to make it practically impossible for the applicants to present them at another company for more loans but with the print out of the E-Payslip, they can print as many as they want and apply for more loans which they can obviously not pay,” the officer said.
He said with the current economic hardship in the country, many workers were chasing loans all over the place and that had compelled some people to capitalise on the situation to create a payslip-printing business.
He, therefore, called for a stakeholders meeting on the government’s plans to introduce E-Payslips since the move would affect their business.
In an interview with Madam Adzroe, she insisted that the introduction of the E-Payslip system did not mean that original hard copies of payslips would no longer be given to workers.
“Workers will still receive their printed payslips through their institutional heads only. We do not give payslips to individual workers, so those who for some reasons need copies of their payslips should apply for them through the heads of their institutions only,” she pointed out.
She said the CAGD had offices in parts of the country, where payslips are printed for workers, and anybody who had issues with their payslips should report to the heads of their institutions, who would in turn forward the concerns to the department for attention.
“We have an office in Tamale that serves the three northern regions; Takoradi for Central and Western regions and Accra for the Ashanti, Brong Ahafo and Greater Accra regions.”
Workers can access their E-Payslips online by visiting www.gogpayslips.com. They are to contact the management/unit heads for registration codes.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- VIDEO: Nollywood Actress, Afrocandy Goes Fully N@ked In Leaked Video
- WATCH: Just Imagine What This Women Are Now Doing Online
- SHOCKER!! Crazy Woman Shares Video Of Herself Dancing Dirty In Her Room
- Watch Video: Married Professor Caught Having S*x With Student In His Office
- Couple Were Caught Having S3x At Road 1 Gate Of A University
- Dirty as 2 Lovers Shamelessly Make Out In The Open For People To Record
- Watch: Stup!d Girl Goes N@ked On The Snow, SEE What Happens
- PHOTOS: Kennedy Agyapong Releases Another Set Of Nude Pictures of Afia Schwazenegger
- Dirty as Video of Student Fingering Herself With Pen Leaks
- OMG!! Girl Buried In Deep Pit For 8 Months For Rituals By Her Boyfriend Survives, SEE Shocking Photos
- Shocking: See What These Female Students Are Doing To Themselves With A Bottle
- Shame As Private Photos Of C Poly Student Goes Viral On Campus
- VIDEO: ‘Tricky Miracle’ as Bishop Obinim retrieves Church Member’s Old Passport From The Cemetery
- WATCH: Mother Caught Daughter Chatting A Boy On Facebook, What She Did Next Will Shock You
- EXPOSED!! See Photos Of White Man Who Loves Sleeping With Young African Girls
- Sidechick Humiliates Wife On Facebook By Posting Photos of Her And The Woman's Husband Having S*x, SEE Shocking Photos
- Biology Teacher Impregnates 6 Students At Ola Girls SHS During Reproductive Health Experiment
- OMG!! SEE What Facebook Did To This Lady For Posting Her N*de Pictures Online
- Xclusive: An Ex-Boyfriend of Afia Schwarzenegger CONFIRMS That There Is ‘Nunu’ Scent Down There - So Ken Agyepong Was Right
- Shame As Lesbian S*xtape Of Business Tycoon’s Daughter Goes Viral
- Shocking! Top Civil Servant Caught on Camera Having S*x with Lover in His Office
- Kenyan Tourist Leaks Rwanda Lover's Private Photos Online
- Cocaine Queen, Nayele Pops Up Again, Threatens To Release Video That Will Cripple Mahama’s Gov’t
- ‘I Fortify 1,700 Prophets in Africa, Including TB Joshua’ – Nana Kwaku Bonsam
- WATCH Video: Old Man 'Still Attached To Prostitute After Dying During S.ex'
- OMG!! Busty Actress, Cossy Orjiakor Sets The Internet on Fire With New Photos of Her Huge B**bs
- IN PHOTOS: Meet The Top 10 Richest Men In Ghana, Number 1 Will Shock You
- TB Joshua’s Daughter Reveals Dad’s Secrets
- Video Of Cheating Wife Having S3x With Boyfriend While 2 Year Old Son Cries Goes Viral
- Dirty: Just Imagine What This Couple are Doing In Public - Photo
- I Have Infected 31 of My Lecturers With HIV - Ghanaian Student Confesses and More
- Marry 2 Wives OR Go To Jail, Eritrea Gets New Law Over Shortage of Husband
- AUDIO: Kennedy Agyapong Replies Afia Schwazenegger Again Reveals She Has HIV and More
- AUDIO: Kennedy Agyapong Takes Afia Schwarzenegger To The Cleaners, Threatens To Leak Her Private Photos
- AUDIO: Afia Schwarzenegger Replies Ken Agyapong, Accuses Him Of Having S3x With Minors and More
- Methodist Primary School Teacher Strips Girl N@ked, Reason Will Shock You
- VIDEO: Booty Queen, Vera Sidika Sets The Internet on Fire in Sensational Twerking Stunt
- Fake Yvonne Nelson Defrauds Man, SEE Photos + Audio
- VIDEO: Taxi Driver Knocks Down Armed Robbers On Motorbike
- Ghanaians Break My Heart - President Robert Mugabe Fires Again
- IN PHOTOS: Check out 10 Badass Scandals That Shook Ghanaian Entertainment Industry
- For Your Viewing Pleasure: OMG! This 10 Hot Photos of Moesha Boduong Will Make Your Day