MUSIGA Bans Joey B’s ‘Tonga’ Song
Just when everyone was certain of who the ‘New Artiste of the year’ in this year’s Ghana Music Awards deems fit, the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) has made the category a conundrum again. Joey B’s ‘Tonga’ has been banned, www.233times.com can authoritatively report.
Nana Kwame, the host of OC Showbiz Review, a popular Entertainment Show on Skyy Power FM, Takoradi confirmed to this Reporter that, the ‘Tonga’ song has been banned by MUSIGA. This was as well confirmed to the Master Planner (Nana Kwame) by the Composer himself, Joey B.
This follows reportage carried by www.233times.com sourcing OC Showbiz Review when Joey B was interviewed by the host and educated on some explicit in his song and revealing to him that most radio stations in Takoradi have placed sanction on the song.
It is unclear if the Show’s interview which was storied by Nana Kwesi Coomson, a pundit on the show fuelled the banning of the ‘tonga’ song. Even though most media in Ghana carried the story, sourcing www.233times.com , the question is, “was MUSIGA unaware of the existence of the song before the story?”, “Are there not enough explicit songs in the system already?”
Yoofi Aison, a pundit on the OC Showbiz Review and a Radio Presenter at Kyzz FM reechoes every day that, the MUSIGA is not potent and he will not be surprise if the ‘OC Showbiz Review’ taught them (MUSIGA) what to do.
Our investigation team reveals that, Joey B is blaming Nana Kwame for the ban. If not for the interview, his song would not have suffered this woe. Is Nana Kwame to be blamed for the ban?
MUSIGA, the force behind Ghanaian Musicians has reviewed and described the ‘Tonga’ song as profane. In the past years, some songs which are said to carry profanity have been disqualified by Music Award board, popular of it being R2Bees’ ‘Ajiee’.
But again, what is MUSIGA's definition of ban? No airplay or nomination in Awards?
Write Your Comment
- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Brother, Rev. Ken Oyakhilome, Accused Of Impregnating A Woman In The Church
- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome – “My Wife Was Always Angry And Bitter”
- Teenage girl dies after 72-year-old self-styled prophetess gave her to a guy for Ghc5
- Popular Nigerian Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery
- 19 Yrs Old Ghanaian Girl, Nahnah Abynah Commits Suicide After Sex Tape Leaks - [Video]
- Sarkodie AGAIN!!!!...Mahama Would Never Say That !
- Rapper Eno - I Don't Have A Vajayjay...I Have Balls
- Photos of shameless man busted having S£X with school girl