- In 90 Day Fiancé, couples must decide whether their budding relationships are worthy of marriage within just 90 days, before their visas expire
By Margot Peppers
PUBLISHED: 16:42 GMT, 17 December 2013 | UPDATED: 20:09 GMT, 17 December 2013
A new reality series sees couples from different countries trying to make their relationships work despite language boundaries, culture differences and skeptical friends and family.
TLC's 90 Day Fiancé follows five American men who have met and fallen for women abroad. These women are given a K-1 visa - also known as a Fiancé Visa - which allows them to travel to the U.S. for 90 days.
At the end of 90 days, the couples must decide whether they are ready to tie the knot; if they aren't, the women must give up their visas and immediately return to their home countries.
Scroll down for video
Long distance: TLC's 90-Day Fiancé follows five American men and their foreign love interests, who travel to the U.S. on a 'Fiancé Visa' and must get married within 90 days or return home (pictured: Alan and Kirlyam)
Culture shock: Russ (pictured) moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest Paola there. But this 'all-American oil worker' from Oklahoma is a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to
One of the couples featured on the show is Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from a small town in Brazil.
Both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent, Alan and Kirlyam have only met a handful of times, but Alan is keen to walk down the aisle with her as soon as possible.
The situation is complicated further by the fact that upon her arrival in Los Angeles, Kirlyam becomes enamored with the fashion world.
In a trailer for the reality series, Kirlyam is seen breaking down in tears, seemingly homesick. 'I miss my mom,' she says. 'I miss her.'
For 27-year-old Russ from Owasso, Oklahoma, the obstacles standing before him and his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, include culture differences and his parents, who are convinced Paola has ulterior motives.
WATCH: Couples overcome culture shock in 90 Day Fiance
Connection: 27-year-old Russ met his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, at a house party in her home country
Obstacles: 'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer
What's more, Russ, who moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest at a house party there, grew up as an 'all-American oil worker raised in the heartland' - a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to.
'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer.
Louis, a 33-year-old father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce from his wife.
He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet, and after spending seven days with her on a trip to the Philippines, he proposed.
Age gap: 48-year-old Len, a businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, met Ukrainian student Alina, 23, on a trip to Ukraine. The couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage within just 90 days
Common views: Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from Brazil, are both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent. Kirlyam struggles with homesickness during her time in America
Whirlwind romance: Louis, 33, a father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce. He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet and proposed after meeting her briefly
But before they can get married, Aya must meet the approval of both of Louis' children as well as his ex-wife, and she must decide if she is ready to commit so early on in the relationship.
Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza also met on the internet, on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue.
They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences.
Mike admits in the video: 'If I wasn't under a 90-day time limit, there's no way I'd be moving this fast.'
Internet love: Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza met on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue
Important decision: They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences
The final couple - whose story will air exclusively on TLC.com - is 48-year-old Len, a successful businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, and Ukrainian student Alina, 23.
The pair met and hit it off when Len was on a seven-day trip to Ukraine, and he flew her out to the U.S. to pursue a more serious relationship.
But the couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage, or if their differences will ultimately come between them.
90 Day Fiancé premieres on TLC on January 12 at 10/9c.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- SHAME!! Video Of SHS Student Fingering Herself During Class Hours Goes Viral
- Some Girls Are Dirty: Shocking As This Girl Masturbate With Insecticide Spray Bottle
- Ghanaian Actress Nude Photos Surface Online - +18
- Photo Of University of Benin Student F!ngered Inside Car Goes Viral
- SHOCKING VIDEO: See What This Man Is Doing To This Drunk Fat Woman On His Car
- PHOTOS: Ghana Audit Service Worker Sends N*de Photos Of Herself To Her Boss To Get Promotion
- Leaked Photos: 2 Colleagues Caught Servicing Each Other In The Office
- Man With Worlds Longest Manhood Proves Its Real
- Church Scandal: Video Of Head Pastor Masturbating On Cam For Female Member Goes Viral
- OMG!! Meet Woman Who Holds World Record For Having S3x With 919 Men In One Day - Photos + Video
- Footage: 2 Boys Secretly Film Man Humping A Married Woman In An Uncompleted Building
- VIDEO: You Won't Believe What This Amputee Lady Is Doing On The Internet For Money - (+18)
- 31 Sex Positions That Will Spice Up Your Relationship
- Graphic Photos + Video: Angry Topless Women Disrupt Muslim Conference With Their Bare Breasts
- Anas' Expose: Judge Collects Bribe And Set Armed Robbers Free - See Photos
- Man With World's Longest Manhood Proves It's Real - Video
- VIDEO: Horny Mad Man Masturbates On The Street Of Lapaz Looking At Hot Ladies
- Ghana Most Beautiful Contestants At The 2015 Oguaa Festival In CapeCoast
- Ghana’s Most Beautiful Reality Pageant Sees It's First Eviction, Find Out Who Was Kicked Out!
- SHOCKER: Over 54 Students Test HIV Positive In Tema
- VIDEO: 'You Think I Can't Afford It?' Moment Rich Woman Screams at Store Assistant, Throws Wads of Cash in her Face
- Sad News!! Ghanaian Musician Goes Mad - Video
- Guys!! Check Out 10 Things Women Love To Be Complimented On
- “My Body Is Work of Arts” – Actress Moesha Boduong
- SHOCKING: 2 Nigerians With A Dead Body Arrested In Accra - Video
- I Love Sex – Efya Confesses
- SAD: Ghanaian Actress, Pascaline Edwards Suffering From Sciatica? - Photos
- British Airways Plane Bursts Into Flames On Las Vegas' McCarran Airport Before Take-off
- Shocking Photo Of US Rapper, Tyga Allegedly Giving A Man A Mouth Job Goes Viral (+18)
- Shame As Another Ghanaian Girl Linda's N@ked Photos Leak After Sending Them To White Lover
- Convicted Fraudster Escapes From Nsawam Prison
- 2Pac Still Alive? Police Officer Reveals He Was Paid $1.5m To Fake 2Pac’s Death
- Interview With Patience Azure Adongo, Ghana Most Beautiful's Latest Casualty
- Bribery Scandal: Anas Uncovers 34 Judges, Others
- PHOTOS: I Was There, Everthing Is Set For The Premiere Today - Anas
- 40 Worst Things To Say To A Woman Before Getting It On
- DNA Results Confirm Hakeem Lyon From Empire Is Jay Z’s Son
- Video Of The Week: This Cock Almost Took Off A Dog's Eye
- AUDIO: German Woman Accuses Gospel Musician, Obaapa Christy Of Snatching Her Husband
- Ghanaian Actress, Pascaline Edwards Exposed!
- Lesbians Wouldn't Let Me Rest - Ghanaian Actress