- In 90 Day Fiancé, couples must decide whether their budding relationships are worthy of marriage within just 90 days, before their visas expire
By Margot Peppers
PUBLISHED: 16:42 GMT, 17 December 2013 | UPDATED: 20:09 GMT, 17 December 2013
A new reality series sees couples from different countries trying to make their relationships work despite language boundaries, culture differences and skeptical friends and family.
TLC's 90 Day Fiancé follows five American men who have met and fallen for women abroad. These women are given a K-1 visa - also known as a Fiancé Visa - which allows them to travel to the U.S. for 90 days.
At the end of 90 days, the couples must decide whether they are ready to tie the knot; if they aren't, the women must give up their visas and immediately return to their home countries.
Scroll down for video
Long distance: TLC's 90-Day Fiancé follows five American men and their foreign love interests, who travel to the U.S. on a 'Fiancé Visa' and must get married within 90 days or return home (pictured: Alan and Kirlyam)
Culture shock: Russ (pictured) moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest Paola there. But this 'all-American oil worker' from Oklahoma is a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to
One of the couples featured on the show is Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from a small town in Brazil.
Both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent, Alan and Kirlyam have only met a handful of times, but Alan is keen to walk down the aisle with her as soon as possible.
The situation is complicated further by the fact that upon her arrival in Los Angeles, Kirlyam becomes enamored with the fashion world.
In a trailer for the reality series, Kirlyam is seen breaking down in tears, seemingly homesick. 'I miss my mom,' she says. 'I miss her.'
For 27-year-old Russ from Owasso, Oklahoma, the obstacles standing before him and his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, include culture differences and his parents, who are convinced Paola has ulterior motives.
WATCH: Couples overcome culture shock in 90 Day Fiance
Connection: 27-year-old Russ met his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, at a house party in her home country
Obstacles: 'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer
What's more, Russ, who moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest at a house party there, grew up as an 'all-American oil worker raised in the heartland' - a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to.
'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer.
Louis, a 33-year-old father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce from his wife.
He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet, and after spending seven days with her on a trip to the Philippines, he proposed.
Age gap: 48-year-old Len, a businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, met Ukrainian student Alina, 23, on a trip to Ukraine. The couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage within just 90 days
Common views: Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from Brazil, are both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent. Kirlyam struggles with homesickness during her time in America
Whirlwind romance: Louis, 33, a father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce. He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet and proposed after meeting her briefly
But before they can get married, Aya must meet the approval of both of Louis' children as well as his ex-wife, and she must decide if she is ready to commit so early on in the relationship.
Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza also met on the internet, on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue.
They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences.
Mike admits in the video: 'If I wasn't under a 90-day time limit, there's no way I'd be moving this fast.'
Internet love: Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza met on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue
Important decision: They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences
The final couple - whose story will air exclusively on TLC.com - is 48-year-old Len, a successful businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, and Ukrainian student Alina, 23.
The pair met and hit it off when Len was on a seven-day trip to Ukraine, and he flew her out to the U.S. to pursue a more serious relationship.
But the couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage, or if their differences will ultimately come between them.
90 Day Fiancé premieres on TLC on January 12 at 10/9c.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- VIDEO: Pregnant Ghanaian Lady Jumps From 40 Storey Building Because Her Husband Was Sleeping With Her Mom
- Busted!! Pentecost Sunday School Teacher A Porn Star In Italy - [Photos + Video] +18
- OMG!! Afriyie Acquah’s Wife Exposed Over Bedroom Pictures To Lover, See Photos [+18]
- I Sleep With My Son For Money, True Confession
- VIDEO: Ghanaian Boy Sets Up His Girlfriend’s Friend Who Wanted To Sleep With Him
- Swaziland King Chooses Wife, Test Their Virginity Publicly - Photos
- Kenyan Undergraduate Confessed To Infecting 324 Men With HIV-AIDS
- Father Found His Daughter Lying Nak3d With Her Boyfriend, Shocking What He Did About It
- I Own Two Taxis And About To Finish My Two-Bedroom House
- [FULL STORY + S3xTapes] Limping Photographer Who Had S3x With 64 Women In Akyem Begoro Freed
- S3xy Actress Opens Up: I Love Having S3x, I Won’t Even Pretend About It, Everybody Loves S3x – Photos
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: T.B. Joshua Sleeps With Snakes And Lives In Water
- OMG!! Afriyie Acquah's Wife Confesses - I Slept With Jordan Ayew For 4 Years - [Audio]
- Full Service: Hot Chelsea Doctor Admits Having S3x With A Chelsea Player
- OMG!! She's Wicked: Girl Sets Boyfriend's Manhood On Fire For Cheating - Video
- Asamoah Gyan’s Lover In Police Grip
- These School Photos Of Some Ghanaian Celebs Will Make Your Day
- Ghana Black Stars Player, Afriyie Acquah To Divorce Wife Over Leaked Photos?
- OMG!! Meet The 15 Most Curvy African Female Celebrities Of 2015
- Shocking Video: Pregnant Ghanaian Jumps And Kill Herself After Husband Slept With Her Mother
- I Bet You've Never Before Seen These 13 Photos Of Kwame Nkrumah’s Overthrow In 1966
- EXPOSED: Illuminati Suspects In Africa Entertainment Industry: Sarkodie, P-Square And Stonebwoy Mentioned
- Shocking! Phone Ear Piece Kills Woman [Graphic Photos]
- Bored? This Woman Twerking At A Funeral In South Africa Is All You Need Right Now
- Shocking: 45 Year Old Man Caught Having S3x With 3 Female Dogs And A Horse
- OMG!! Meet Satans Top 10 Favourite African Pastors
- Checkout The New Chemical That Peels Black Skin, Changing It To White
- Lydia Forson Fights Back - N3ked Girl Not Me
- Kenpong Dumps His Girlfriend, Mona AKA "Hajia4Real"
- I Hardly Wear Panties, Ghanaian Actress
- Afia Schwarzenegger - I Thank God For My Buttocks
- Graphic Video: Girl Gets Bottle Smashed In Her Face After Stabbing A Guy
- Unbelievable: See What Bishop T. D Jakes Has To Say About Gay-Marriage
- OMG!! Are They For Real? Meet These Women You Won’t Believe Exist In Real Life - Video
- OMG!! You Won't Believe What This Girl Just Did, I Bet You've Never Seen This Before
- Shocking: KNUST Graduate Joins Terrorist Group, ISIS
- Bobbi Kristina's Boyfriend Sued For Giving Her A Lethal Cocktail And Putting Her Face Down In A Cold Bath
- Okyeame Kwame: Why I Did Not Marry Nana Ama McBrown
- Shameless Old Men 2
- Nelson Mandela's Grandson In Police Grip For Raping Girl, 15
- Divorce Between Afriyie Acquah And Amanda Looms - He Deletes All Her Photos On Instagram
- OMG! Rapper The Game Caught Fingering His Girlfriend In A Park - Photos