- In 90 Day Fiancé, couples must decide whether their budding relationships are worthy of marriage within just 90 days, before their visas expire
By Margot Peppers
PUBLISHED: 16:42 GMT, 17 December 2013 | UPDATED: 20:09 GMT, 17 December 2013
A new reality series sees couples from different countries trying to make their relationships work despite language boundaries, culture differences and skeptical friends and family.
TLC's 90 Day Fiancé follows five American men who have met and fallen for women abroad. These women are given a K-1 visa - also known as a Fiancé Visa - which allows them to travel to the U.S. for 90 days.
At the end of 90 days, the couples must decide whether they are ready to tie the knot; if they aren't, the women must give up their visas and immediately return to their home countries.
Scroll down for video
Long distance: TLC's 90-Day Fiancé follows five American men and their foreign love interests, who travel to the U.S. on a 'Fiancé Visa' and must get married within 90 days or return home (pictured: Alan and Kirlyam)
Culture shock: Russ (pictured) moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest Paola there. But this 'all-American oil worker' from Oklahoma is a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to
One of the couples featured on the show is Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from a small town in Brazil.
Both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent, Alan and Kirlyam have only met a handful of times, but Alan is keen to walk down the aisle with her as soon as possible.
The situation is complicated further by the fact that upon her arrival in Los Angeles, Kirlyam becomes enamored with the fashion world.
In a trailer for the reality series, Kirlyam is seen breaking down in tears, seemingly homesick. 'I miss my mom,' she says. 'I miss her.'
For 27-year-old Russ from Owasso, Oklahoma, the obstacles standing before him and his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, include culture differences and his parents, who are convinced Paola has ulterior motives.
WATCH: Couples overcome culture shock in 90 Day Fiance
Connection: 27-year-old Russ met his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, at a house party in her home country
Obstacles: 'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer
What's more, Russ, who moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest at a house party there, grew up as an 'all-American oil worker raised in the heartland' - a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to.
'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer.
Louis, a 33-year-old father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce from his wife.
He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet, and after spending seven days with her on a trip to the Philippines, he proposed.
Age gap: 48-year-old Len, a businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, met Ukrainian student Alina, 23, on a trip to Ukraine. The couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage within just 90 days
Common views: Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from Brazil, are both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent. Kirlyam struggles with homesickness during her time in America
Whirlwind romance: Louis, 33, a father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce. He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet and proposed after meeting her briefly
But before they can get married, Aya must meet the approval of both of Louis' children as well as his ex-wife, and she must decide if she is ready to commit so early on in the relationship.
Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza also met on the internet, on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue.
They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences.
Mike admits in the video: 'If I wasn't under a 90-day time limit, there's no way I'd be moving this fast.'
Internet love: Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza met on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue
Important decision: They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences
The final couple - whose story will air exclusively on TLC.com - is 48-year-old Len, a successful businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, and Ukrainian student Alina, 23.
The pair met and hit it off when Len was on a seven-day trip to Ukraine, and he flew her out to the U.S. to pursue a more serious relationship.
But the couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage, or if their differences will ultimately come between them.
90 Day Fiancé premieres on TLC on January 12 at 10/9c.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- See Full Details And Photos From Asamoah Gyan And Sara Kwablah’s ‘S3xtape’
- Female Banker Sends N*de Photos Of Herself To Her Boss To Get Promotion - Photos
- OMG!! Ghanaian Producer Releases Another Ghana Po’rn Movie, See Photos [+18]
- Kenyan Girl Refuses To Wear Her Clothes After Being Abused At The Airport For Carrying Drugs
- 34 Year Old Kelly Dies Shortly Ater Getting Butt Enlargement Injections - Photos
- Meet 19 Year Old Girl Without Genitals - Photos
- 22 Year Old, University Student Threatens To Leak S3x Video With Asamoah Gyan - Photos
- SHOCKING: University Student's Manhood Goes Missing After Handshake - Photo
- These Photos Of Ghanaian Tv Personality Sandra Ankobiah Will Blow Your Mind
- Jessica And Monica Sexxxton, Mother-Daughter Duo Create Pornography Site And Shoot Scenes Together - Video
- Lady Has A Very Unfortunate Twerking Accident In Her Newly Renovated Hair Salon
- SHOCKING: Female Student Breaks Cucumber Inside Her Genitals - Photos
- Law Passed: All HIV Positives People Would Be Marked Near Their Genitals
- Accra Goil Filling Station Fire: Over 100 Bodies Retrieved So Far
- ‘Don’t Come Near Me If You Cant Satisfy Me, Nollywood Actress Crystal Okoye Warns Men
- Fidelity Bank MD Turns Staff Into S3x Machine, Breaks Her Home
- My Dad Used His Manhood To Confirm My Virginity
- VIDEO: See This Video Of Africans Living In India Talking About The Racism They Face Every Day
- You Are A Prostitute
- Tragic Last Photos Of 7yr Old Shanay, Running Barefoot To A Shop Looking For Water, Just Hours Before Aunt Killed Her
- I Married My Hubby with Juju, now I'm Suffering, Wife Confesses
- OMG!! Woman Rush To Hospital After S3x Vibrator Got Stuck In Her Genital - Photos
- My Husband Is No Longer Giving Me Good Satisfaction In Bed - Lady Opens Up
- Hilarious: Pastor Calls For Jail Term For Women Who Call God’s Name During S3x
- Afia Schwarzenegger Replies KK Fosu Over "Big Mouth" Comment - Photos
- LOL! I’ve Left My Other Half: Jilted Boyfriend Chops Everything He And His Girlfriend Owned In Two After They Split up - Photos
- Popular Kumawood Scriptwriter Passes On
- Meet 12 Ghanaian Celebrities In Their Most Fashionable Look This Week
- Lesbianism Saga: 2 Nollywood Actresses, Biodun Okeowo And Adediwura Points Accusing Fingers At Each Other
- I Would Love To Go On A Date With Caitlyn Jenner, Dennis Rodman Reveals - Video
- 33 Year Old Kills Husband Over Banku
- General Manager Of Peace FM, Kwasi Brenya Put To Rest Today
- Guys: Check Out How To Win The Heart Of A Classy Ghanaian Career Woman
- Meet The African King With 100 Wives
- Shocking: Two Nollywood Actresses Fight Dirty Over Lesbianism Secret
- Hilarious: Jealous Alabama Man Has S3x With Wife’s Dog Because
- Teenagers Invent Condoms That Could Detect STIs - Photos
- Promzy Is A Liar, Lazy Of VVIP Reveals - Video
- #Goil Fuel Station Explotion: How Amos Escaped Death - Video
- Bobbi Kristina 'Being Taken Home To Die Peacefully'
- Power Crisis: N*ked Demo To Hit Flagstaff House
- UT Bank Boss Is The Father Of Mzbel’s Son, Caroline Reveals