- In 90 Day Fiancé, couples must decide whether their budding relationships are worthy of marriage within just 90 days, before their visas expire
By Margot Peppers
PUBLISHED: 16:42 GMT, 17 December 2013 | UPDATED: 20:09 GMT, 17 December 2013
A new reality series sees couples from different countries trying to make their relationships work despite language boundaries, culture differences and skeptical friends and family.
TLC's 90 Day Fiancé follows five American men who have met and fallen for women abroad. These women are given a K-1 visa - also known as a Fiancé Visa - which allows them to travel to the U.S. for 90 days.
At the end of 90 days, the couples must decide whether they are ready to tie the knot; if they aren't, the women must give up their visas and immediately return to their home countries.
Scroll down for video
Long distance: TLC's 90-Day Fiancé follows five American men and their foreign love interests, who travel to the U.S. on a 'Fiancé Visa' and must get married within 90 days or return home (pictured: Alan and Kirlyam)
Culture shock: Russ (pictured) moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest Paola there. But this 'all-American oil worker' from Oklahoma is a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to
One of the couples featured on the show is Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from a small town in Brazil.
Both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent, Alan and Kirlyam have only met a handful of times, but Alan is keen to walk down the aisle with her as soon as possible.
The situation is complicated further by the fact that upon her arrival in Los Angeles, Kirlyam becomes enamored with the fashion world.
In a trailer for the reality series, Kirlyam is seen breaking down in tears, seemingly homesick. 'I miss my mom,' she says. 'I miss her.'
For 27-year-old Russ from Owasso, Oklahoma, the obstacles standing before him and his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, include culture differences and his parents, who are convinced Paola has ulterior motives.
WATCH: Couples overcome culture shock in 90 Day Fiance
Connection: 27-year-old Russ met his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, at a house party in her home country
Obstacles: 'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer
What's more, Russ, who moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest at a house party there, grew up as an 'all-American oil worker raised in the heartland' - a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to.
'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer.
Louis, a 33-year-old father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce from his wife.
He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet, and after spending seven days with her on a trip to the Philippines, he proposed.
Age gap: 48-year-old Len, a businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, met Ukrainian student Alina, 23, on a trip to Ukraine. The couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage within just 90 days
Common views: Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from Brazil, are both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent. Kirlyam struggles with homesickness during her time in America
Whirlwind romance: Louis, 33, a father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce. He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet and proposed after meeting her briefly
But before they can get married, Aya must meet the approval of both of Louis' children as well as his ex-wife, and she must decide if she is ready to commit so early on in the relationship.
Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza also met on the internet, on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue.
They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences.
Mike admits in the video: 'If I wasn't under a 90-day time limit, there's no way I'd be moving this fast.'
Internet love: Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza met on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue
Important decision: They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences
The final couple - whose story will air exclusively on TLC.com - is 48-year-old Len, a successful businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, and Ukrainian student Alina, 23.
The pair met and hit it off when Len was on a seven-day trip to Ukraine, and he flew her out to the U.S. to pursue a more serious relationship.
But the couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage, or if their differences will ultimately come between them.
90 Day Fiancé premieres on TLC on January 12 at 10/9c.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- President Of Ghana Impregnates Sultry Famous Actress
- Video: Shocking As Pastor Baths His Female Church Members [Beware Of False Prophets]
- SHS Student And House Master's S3x Tape Goes Viral (Part 1)
- SHS Student And House Master's S3x Tape Goes Viral (Part 2)
- UCC Girl
- Ghanaian Actress And Politician’s Daughter Caught In Lesbian Act [Video]
- The UCC Girl
- Parents Pick Up UCC Girl From Campus After Her Nude Video Goes Viral - Video
- Ghanaian girl allegedly caught having s3x with her sick client
- Lesbians Shit Bombed In Accra
- Top Illuminati Celebs In Africa Exposed
- Meet 11 Hollywood Celebrities Who Are Actually Ghanaians
- Husband Beats And Strips Wife Naked After Catching Her In Bed With Boyfriend [Video]
- Roselyn Ngissah Opens Up About Her Private Life – Video
- Daniel Obinim's Prophesy
- White Man Sucks On Cossy Orjiakor's Boobs
- Father Of Nadia Buari's Twins Revealed?
- Check Out 5 Kumawood Actors With Bad Fashion Sense
- UnBelievable What Jim Iyke’s Team Said About Nadia Buari’s Twins
- Kumawood Actor, Akrobeto’s Fetish Priest Girlfriend Buys Him Hummer Car
- Several Children Die In Bus Crash While Going On School Excursion To Mount Afadjato - Graphic Photos
- Facebook Girl's Nak3d Pictures To Whiteman Goes Viral
- Meet 9 Famous Ghanaians Who Don’t Believe In God Nor Jesus Christ
- Nigerian Actress Bose Arowosegbe Claims All Women Are Prostitutes
- Check Out 17 Beautiful Photos Of Your Favorite Ghanaian Celebs With Their Parents
- Takoradi Sakawa Boy And Lover's S3x Tape Leaked (Part 1)
- Pastor Chris And Ex-Wife Share Their 2 Children
- White Girl Dancing To Skelewu
- Check Out Becca In New Photos
- Married Boss Caught In The Act With His Secretary
- Controversial Presenter Afia Schwarzenegger Makes A Move
- Nadia Buari’s Step Father Angry With Mahama Saga
- Check Out 11 Photos Of Ghanaian Celebrities That Will Inspire You To Hit The Gym
- Check Out Video Of A Strange Creature That Has Appeared At The Sea Shore
- Ahuof3 Patri Reveals Every Girl Has A Kalybos In Her Life
- Asamoah Gyan Buying A Private Jet – Photos
- 7 Vaginal Hygiene That Every Ghanaian Girl Must Know
- Alleged Legon Gay Porn Students Speaks – AUDIO
- Divorce Case Gets Messier As Pastor Chris Ignores Enstrange Wife's Birthday
- 12 Mistakes Men Do In Bed And How To Avoid Them
- University Student Falls And Dies During Prayer Session Held On School Roof