- In 90 Day Fiancé, couples must decide whether their budding relationships are worthy of marriage within just 90 days, before their visas expire
By Margot Peppers
PUBLISHED: 16:42 GMT, 17 December 2013 | UPDATED: 20:09 GMT, 17 December 2013
A new reality series sees couples from different countries trying to make their relationships work despite language boundaries, culture differences and skeptical friends and family.
TLC's 90 Day Fiancé follows five American men who have met and fallen for women abroad. These women are given a K-1 visa - also known as a Fiancé Visa - which allows them to travel to the U.S. for 90 days.
At the end of 90 days, the couples must decide whether they are ready to tie the knot; if they aren't, the women must give up their visas and immediately return to their home countries.
Scroll down for video
Long distance: TLC's 90-Day Fiancé follows five American men and their foreign love interests, who travel to the U.S. on a 'Fiancé Visa' and must get married within 90 days or return home (pictured: Alan and Kirlyam)
Culture shock: Russ (pictured) moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest Paola there. But this 'all-American oil worker' from Oklahoma is a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to
One of the couples featured on the show is Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from a small town in Brazil.
Both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent, Alan and Kirlyam have only met a handful of times, but Alan is keen to walk down the aisle with her as soon as possible.
The situation is complicated further by the fact that upon her arrival in Los Angeles, Kirlyam becomes enamored with the fashion world.
In a trailer for the reality series, Kirlyam is seen breaking down in tears, seemingly homesick. 'I miss my mom,' she says. 'I miss her.'
For 27-year-old Russ from Owasso, Oklahoma, the obstacles standing before him and his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, include culture differences and his parents, who are convinced Paola has ulterior motives.
WATCH: Couples overcome culture shock in 90 Day Fiance
Connection: 27-year-old Russ met his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, at a house party in her home country
Obstacles: 'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer
What's more, Russ, who moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest at a house party there, grew up as an 'all-American oil worker raised in the heartland' - a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to.
'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer.
Louis, a 33-year-old father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce from his wife.
He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet, and after spending seven days with her on a trip to the Philippines, he proposed.
Age gap: 48-year-old Len, a businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, met Ukrainian student Alina, 23, on a trip to Ukraine. The couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage within just 90 days
Common views: Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from Brazil, are both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent. Kirlyam struggles with homesickness during her time in America
Whirlwind romance: Louis, 33, a father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce. He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet and proposed after meeting her briefly
But before they can get married, Aya must meet the approval of both of Louis' children as well as his ex-wife, and she must decide if she is ready to commit so early on in the relationship.
Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza also met on the internet, on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue.
They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences.
Mike admits in the video: 'If I wasn't under a 90-day time limit, there's no way I'd be moving this fast.'
Internet love: Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza met on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue
Important decision: They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences
The final couple - whose story will air exclusively on TLC.com - is 48-year-old Len, a successful businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, and Ukrainian student Alina, 23.
The pair met and hit it off when Len was on a seven-day trip to Ukraine, and he flew her out to the U.S. to pursue a more serious relationship.
But the couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage, or if their differences will ultimately come between them.
90 Day Fiancé premieres on TLC on January 12 at 10/9c.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- University Of Cape Coast SRC Student Dancing In The Nude - Video 2
- Pastor sleeps with teenage girl who came for prayers - Video
- John Dumelo And Christabel Ekeh's S3x Tape Leaks - Video
- UCC Student Naa Korkor Addo's Leaked Video Goes Viral - Video 1
- Kofi Ofori-Attah, Late Citi Fm Presenter’s Wife Demanded GHC 7,000 To Be F**ked In Obuasi - Audio
- Popular Politician Caught With Female Student In Hotel Room
- More Revelations About UCC Student Abena Korkor Addo Whose Private Videos Went Viral - Video
- Citi Fm Presenter Recorded 6,000 Phone Calls Of His Wife’s Conversation With Boyfriends Before Wife Killed Him - Audio
- My Husband Can't Satisfy Me In Bed, Woman Opens Up
- Mzbel Narrates How University Students Pulled Down Her Pants And Fingered Her After A Performance
- Late Citi FM Presenter Saga Continues: “Would You F**K Me In The Anus Or V*gina” - Audio
- Nigerian man who leaked nude photos of his Ugandan singer girlfriend online, arrested
- Captain Smart Of Adom FM Allegedly Defrauding Women, See Photos Of His Numerous Girlfriends
- Photos Of Popular Stars Naked In ESPN Magazine
- Nollywood Actor Hanks Anuku Infected With HIV/AIDS After Sleeping With 80 Women
- Parents Pick Up UCC Girl From Campus After Her Nude Video Goes Viral - Video
- Linda Afriyie, 54 Year Old Ghanaian Based In Staten Island, Killed After Leaping In front Of Train
- Best S3x Positions To Satisfy A Woman If You Have A Small Manhood
- Obinim Schwarzenegar
- Twenty Most Hated People In Ghana Right Now
- Gospel Musician Comfort Annor Cries For Financial Help As Kidney And Liver Fails
- Chris Attoh Weds Damilola Adegbite On Valentine’s Day - Photos
- Stephen Asamoah, Former Minister of Information Denies Bonking ‘Twerking’ UCC Girl
- UCC Student Nana Abena Korkor Addo says she released the videos herself so nobody should be blamed
- Shs Student Killed Over Gay Sex
- Comfort Annor, Veteran Gospel Musician Is Dead!
- Popular Stars Strip For ESPN Magazine
- Stolen Kiss
- Otumfuo Osei Tutu II Blasts Mahama
- Medical Student Reveals How She Escaped Rape
- Asamoah Boateng, Former Minister Claims He Helped Korkor The UCC Student, But Didn’t Sleep With Her
- Top Illuminati Celebs In Africa Exposed
- Photos Of Black Stars Returning Home After Painful Defeat
- Check Out 5 Kumawood Actors With Bad Fashion Sense
- Anas Reveals Abuses In Orphanage Home (Photos)
- Check Out 14 Ghanaian Celebrities With Children But Are Not Married
- Nigerian Actress Bose Arowosegbe Claims All Women Are Prostitutes
- Check Out 24 Ghanaian Celebrity Beefs You Didn’t Know About And The Real Reasons Behind Them
- Convicted Nayele Cocaine Case Returns To Court
- 18 Year Old Stabs Husband To Death After 5 Days Of Marriage [Video]
- Freeze Of CoalFM Divorces His Beautiful Wife
- Whao! Check Out Skeleton Of Woman With Fetus Still Attached