- In 90 Day Fiancé, couples must decide whether their budding relationships are worthy of marriage within just 90 days, before their visas expire
By Margot Peppers
PUBLISHED: 16:42 GMT, 17 December 2013 | UPDATED: 20:09 GMT, 17 December 2013
A new reality series sees couples from different countries trying to make their relationships work despite language boundaries, culture differences and skeptical friends and family.
TLC's 90 Day Fiancé follows five American men who have met and fallen for women abroad. These women are given a K-1 visa - also known as a Fiancé Visa - which allows them to travel to the U.S. for 90 days.
At the end of 90 days, the couples must decide whether they are ready to tie the knot; if they aren't, the women must give up their visas and immediately return to their home countries.
Scroll down for video
Long distance: TLC's 90-Day Fiancé follows five American men and their foreign love interests, who travel to the U.S. on a 'Fiancé Visa' and must get married within 90 days or return home (pictured: Alan and Kirlyam)
Culture shock: Russ (pictured) moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest Paola there. But this 'all-American oil worker' from Oklahoma is a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to
One of the couples featured on the show is Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from a small town in Brazil.
Both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent, Alan and Kirlyam have only met a handful of times, but Alan is keen to walk down the aisle with her as soon as possible.
The situation is complicated further by the fact that upon her arrival in Los Angeles, Kirlyam becomes enamored with the fashion world.
In a trailer for the reality series, Kirlyam is seen breaking down in tears, seemingly homesick. 'I miss my mom,' she says. 'I miss her.'
For 27-year-old Russ from Owasso, Oklahoma, the obstacles standing before him and his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, include culture differences and his parents, who are convinced Paola has ulterior motives.
WATCH: Couples overcome culture shock in 90 Day Fiance
Connection: 27-year-old Russ met his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, at a house party in her home country
Obstacles: 'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer
What's more, Russ, who moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest at a house party there, grew up as an 'all-American oil worker raised in the heartland' - a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to.
'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer.
Louis, a 33-year-old father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce from his wife.
He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet, and after spending seven days with her on a trip to the Philippines, he proposed.
Age gap: 48-year-old Len, a businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, met Ukrainian student Alina, 23, on a trip to Ukraine. The couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage within just 90 days
Common views: Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from Brazil, are both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent. Kirlyam struggles with homesickness during her time in America
Whirlwind romance: Louis, 33, a father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce. He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet and proposed after meeting her briefly
But before they can get married, Aya must meet the approval of both of Louis' children as well as his ex-wife, and she must decide if she is ready to commit so early on in the relationship.
Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza also met on the internet, on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue.
They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences.
Mike admits in the video: 'If I wasn't under a 90-day time limit, there's no way I'd be moving this fast.'
Internet love: Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza met on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue
Important decision: They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences
The final couple - whose story will air exclusively on TLC.com - is 48-year-old Len, a successful businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, and Ukrainian student Alina, 23.
The pair met and hit it off when Len was on a seven-day trip to Ukraine, and he flew her out to the U.S. to pursue a more serious relationship.
But the couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage, or if their differences will ultimately come between them.
90 Day Fiancé premieres on TLC on January 12 at 10/9c.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Married Boss Caught In The Act With His Secretary
- Afia Schwarzenegger Goes Naked – Photos
- Breastfeeding Mum Caught Cheating In A Hotel With Her Lover
- Shocking: US Doctors Discover Woman With 2 Private Parts [Photos]
- Audio: Man Turns Snake And Swallowed Lady In A Hotel At Nzema
- Wife Caught Red Handed Cheating In Neighbour's House
- Kwaku Manu Admits Fathering Liwin's Son, Wife Confesses
- Video: Shocking, Pastor Also Records His Love Session With Wife And Got Leaked [18+]
- Black girl with some killer dance moves
- Check Out Video Of A Strange Creature That Has Appeared At The Sea Shore
- YFM Radio Presenter Kidnapped And Gang Raped
- 2 Videos: Scary, Girl Curses Ex-Lover At The Riverside Over Her Leaked Nude Video
- Kristy Love, I Need A Man To Handle My Large Breasts
- Why I Separated From Pawpaw, Aki Finally Opens Up
- Exclusive Video: The Legon Students Gay Porn Finally Out
- Kumawood Actress, Vivian Jill And Son Party Hard [Video]
- Miss BumBums - Photos
- Shocking What Some University Big Girls Do Secretly In Their Hostels [18+]
- Bishop Obinim Reveals Sleeping With Junior Pastor's Wife Was A Good Thing
- Malawi Orders Police To Shoot Albinos Assailants
- Kidnap And Rape Saga: Hotel Owner Reveals YFM Presenter, Ada Lied
- Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me, Pastor Chris Finally Opens Up
- I’m A Sick Man, Daddy Lumba Finally Opens Up
- Ghanaian Pastor Gets 5 Years Jail Term In The UK
- Could This Be For The Love Or For The Money?
- South African Girl Commits Suicide After S3x Tape Leaked
- 45 Year Old Struggling To Have S3x After Manhood Gets Too Big With Silicone Injections
- YFM Presenter Kidnap And Rape Saga: Boyfriend Reveals It Was Staged [Audio]
- Kumawood Actor, Akrobeto Replies Van Vicker
- Bishop Obinim - My Church Members See Me As Jesus Christ [Video]
- Nadia Buari Shows Off Twins On Instagram
- Ice Prince Finally Reveals Why He Broke Up With Yvonne Nelson
- 24 Year Old Man Beheads Auntie [Video]
- Yvonne Nelson Reacts To John Dumelo's Pregnancy Post
- Friend Discloses, Ms Ada Walked From Mankessim To Takoradi Half-Naked, With Rubbish As Boyfriends Birthday Gift
- CCTV Captures Ladies Shoplifting In Lagos
- Find Out The True Story Behind Silverbird TV Staff, Aisha Mustapha's Murder
- Ghanaian Actress, Yvonne Nelson Kidnapped By Armed Men – [Photos]
- 11 Times Ahuofe Patri Killed Us With Short Hair
- Check Out 8 Celebrities Who Openly Bleached Their Skin
- Sonnie Badu Buys His Wife A Brand New Porsche Car- Photo