- In 90 Day Fiancé, couples must decide whether their budding relationships are worthy of marriage within just 90 days, before their visas expire
By Margot Peppers
PUBLISHED: 16:42 GMT, 17 December 2013 | UPDATED: 20:09 GMT, 17 December 2013
A new reality series sees couples from different countries trying to make their relationships work despite language boundaries, culture differences and skeptical friends and family.
TLC's 90 Day Fiancé follows five American men who have met and fallen for women abroad. These women are given a K-1 visa - also known as a Fiancé Visa - which allows them to travel to the U.S. for 90 days.
At the end of 90 days, the couples must decide whether they are ready to tie the knot; if they aren't, the women must give up their visas and immediately return to their home countries.
Scroll down for video
Long distance: TLC's 90-Day Fiancé follows five American men and their foreign love interests, who travel to the U.S. on a 'Fiancé Visa' and must get married within 90 days or return home (pictured: Alan and Kirlyam)
Culture shock: Russ (pictured) moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest Paola there. But this 'all-American oil worker' from Oklahoma is a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to
One of the couples featured on the show is Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from a small town in Brazil.
Both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent, Alan and Kirlyam have only met a handful of times, but Alan is keen to walk down the aisle with her as soon as possible.
The situation is complicated further by the fact that upon her arrival in Los Angeles, Kirlyam becomes enamored with the fashion world.
In a trailer for the reality series, Kirlyam is seen breaking down in tears, seemingly homesick. 'I miss my mom,' she says. 'I miss her.'
For 27-year-old Russ from Owasso, Oklahoma, the obstacles standing before him and his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, include culture differences and his parents, who are convinced Paola has ulterior motives.
WATCH: Couples overcome culture shock in 90 Day Fiance
Connection: 27-year-old Russ met his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, at a house party in her home country
Obstacles: 'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer
What's more, Russ, who moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest at a house party there, grew up as an 'all-American oil worker raised in the heartland' - a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to.
'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer.
Louis, a 33-year-old father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce from his wife.
He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet, and after spending seven days with her on a trip to the Philippines, he proposed.
Age gap: 48-year-old Len, a businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, met Ukrainian student Alina, 23, on a trip to Ukraine. The couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage within just 90 days
Common views: Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from Brazil, are both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent. Kirlyam struggles with homesickness during her time in America
Whirlwind romance: Louis, 33, a father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce. He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet and proposed after meeting her briefly
But before they can get married, Aya must meet the approval of both of Louis' children as well as his ex-wife, and she must decide if she is ready to commit so early on in the relationship.
Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza also met on the internet, on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue.
They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences.
Mike admits in the video: 'If I wasn't under a 90-day time limit, there's no way I'd be moving this fast.'
Internet love: Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza met on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue
Important decision: They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences
The final couple - whose story will air exclusively on TLC.com - is 48-year-old Len, a successful businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, and Ukrainian student Alina, 23.
The pair met and hit it off when Len was on a seven-day trip to Ukraine, and he flew her out to the U.S. to pursue a more serious relationship.
But the couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage, or if their differences will ultimately come between them.
90 Day Fiancé premieres on TLC on January 12 at 10/9c.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Shame As Boyfriend Leaks Female Zimbabwean Police Officer's Nude Pictures - (+18)
- VIDEO: Shame As Married Woman Caught In An Uncompleted Building With Boyfriend Pants Down
- "Mahama Is A Disgrace To Ghana And Africa" - Robert Mugabe
- MUST READ: 10 Benefits of Sleeping N@ked You Probably Didn’t Know
- WATCH VIDEO: Celebrities Party Hard In Kumasi; Shatta Wale Spanks A Lady’s Butt
- VIDEO: 2 Ladies S3xually Assaults Man In a Store By Forcefully Twerking On Him
- X Factor reject Kiera Weathers suffers embarrassing nip slip as she puts on an energetic performance at G-A-Y in plunging jumpsuit
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: Zimbabwean Pastor's Daughter In Leaked S3x-Tape Scandal
- UK Based Ghanaian Husband Stabbed His Wife 15 Times, Ran Her Over
- I Have S3x Anytime I’m Going To Preach – Bishop Dag Heward-Mills Reveals
- ‘MzBel Has HIV Aids’ –The Social Media Fight Continues
- Pastor From Nigeria Who Sucks Women's Breast For Healing Opens A Church In Kenya
- Shame!! S3x Tape Starring Tema Guy and His Girlfriend Goes Viral
- VIDEO: Unbelievable! London Bus Driver Caught Masturbating While Watching P0rn Inside Bus
- WATCH VIDEO: A Tearful Tribute To Late Model/Actor/TV Host Sam Sarpong
- Akumaa Mama Zimbi In A Tough Fight With Pappy Kojo Over “Yi Wo Dross” Comment
- Hit or Miss? Take A Closer Look At Actress Moesha Boduong’s B0obs Falling Out Of Her Dress - Photos
- Shame As Ladies Private Photos To Boyfriend Leaks
- EXPOSED: Mahama Poisoned John Evans Atta Mills?
- AT LAST: Nana Aba Anamoah Resigns From TV3 After Ruckus
- Shame As This Ghanaian Babe Leaks Her Bedroom Photos With A Rich Man
- OMG!! You Need To See The Hottest Girls Caught Doing The Dumbest Things
- You Need To Watch These Free Style Dancers At The GMB Finals
- WATCH: Video of Man Caught on Camera Masturbating in Shopping Mall Goes Viral
- VIDEO: Meet The 5 Richest Women In Ghana 2015
- Yvonne Nelson Spoke Like A "Bush Girl"; I Demand An Apology – Shatta Wale Fires
- BREAKING: Serena Williams Pregnant; Is Drake And Tennis Star Expecting A Baby?
- ‘My Son Was 30 Ten Years Ago’ – Asamoah Gyan’s Dad Alleges
- JUST IN: BullDog Breaks Up With Shatta Wale
- Full Audio: “Bulldog Threatened To Kill Me Like He Killed The Guy” – Shatta Wale Exposes
- EXCLUSIVE: Ghana's Undercover Journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas Unmasked
- Karim Benzema Faces 5 Years In Jail Over S3xtape Blackmail
- US Model, Amber Rose Unknowingly Insults Nollywood Actor, Mr Ibu
- BREAKING NEWS: ISIS-Trained Ghanaians Returning Home – Security Analyst Warns
- Netherlands Government Gives Ghanaian Man Taxi To Return Home
- Late Sam Sarpong's Sister Describes His Passing As ‘A Loss For The World’
- Why Does S3x Hurt? 15 Quick Signs Something’s Not Right
- More Trouble For France As French High-Speed Train Derails And Catches Fire Near Strasbourg, Leaves 5 Dead
- Cocaine Girl, Nayele Won’t Benefit From Ghana-UK Prisoner Swap Deal
- BREAKING: Usain Bolt Is No Longer The Fastest Man In The World! [MUST READ]
- Diamond Appiah Slept With A Footballer For $100?
- British/Ghanaian Actor, Sam Sarpong Commits Suicide At Age, 40