- In 90 Day Fiancé, couples must decide whether their budding relationships are worthy of marriage within just 90 days, before their visas expire
By Margot Peppers
PUBLISHED: 16:42 GMT, 17 December 2013 | UPDATED: 20:09 GMT, 17 December 2013
A new reality series sees couples from different countries trying to make their relationships work despite language boundaries, culture differences and skeptical friends and family.
TLC's 90 Day Fiancé follows five American men who have met and fallen for women abroad. These women are given a K-1 visa - also known as a Fiancé Visa - which allows them to travel to the U.S. for 90 days.
At the end of 90 days, the couples must decide whether they are ready to tie the knot; if they aren't, the women must give up their visas and immediately return to their home countries.
Scroll down for video
Long distance: TLC's 90-Day Fiancé follows five American men and their foreign love interests, who travel to the U.S. on a 'Fiancé Visa' and must get married within 90 days or return home (pictured: Alan and Kirlyam)
Culture shock: Russ (pictured) moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest Paola there. But this 'all-American oil worker' from Oklahoma is a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to
One of the couples featured on the show is Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from a small town in Brazil.
Both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent, Alan and Kirlyam have only met a handful of times, but Alan is keen to walk down the aisle with her as soon as possible.
The situation is complicated further by the fact that upon her arrival in Los Angeles, Kirlyam becomes enamored with the fashion world.
In a trailer for the reality series, Kirlyam is seen breaking down in tears, seemingly homesick. 'I miss my mom,' she says. 'I miss her.'
For 27-year-old Russ from Owasso, Oklahoma, the obstacles standing before him and his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, include culture differences and his parents, who are convinced Paola has ulterior motives.
WATCH: Couples overcome culture shock in 90 Day Fiance
Connection: 27-year-old Russ met his Colombian girlfriend Paola, 26, at a house party in her home country
Obstacles: 'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer
What's more, Russ, who moved to Colombia for work and met his love interest at a house party there, grew up as an 'all-American oil worker raised in the heartland' - a far cry from the fast-paced life Paola is used to.
'I am concerned how Paola is going to fit in,' Russ confesses in the trailer.
Louis, a 33-year-old father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce from his wife.
He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet, and after spending seven days with her on a trip to the Philippines, he proposed.
Age gap: 48-year-old Len, a businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, met Ukrainian student Alina, 23, on a trip to Ukraine. The couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage within just 90 days
Common views: Los Angeles native Alan, 29, and 21-year-old Kirlyam, from Brazil, are both devoutly Mormon and sexually abstinent. Kirlyam struggles with homesickness during her time in America
Whirlwind romance: Louis, 33, a father-of-two from Indianapolis, Indiana, turned to online dating after a bad divorce. He met 30-year-old Filipino Aya on the internet and proposed after meeting her briefly
But before they can get married, Aya must meet the approval of both of Louis' children as well as his ex-wife, and she must decide if she is ready to commit so early on in the relationship.
Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza also met on the internet, on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue.
They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences.
Mike admits in the video: 'If I wasn't under a 90-day time limit, there's no way I'd be moving this fast.'
Internet love: Cleveland, Ohio native Mike, 31, and 21-year-old Russian student Aziza met on an international language learning website, where both were trying to learn each other's mother tongue
Important decision: They decided to get married after spending just six days together, and now they have 90 days to determine whether they can overcome their age gap and cultural differences
The final couple - whose story will air exclusively on TLC.com - is 48-year-old Len, a successful businessman from Scottsdale, Arizona, and Ukrainian student Alina, 23.
The pair met and hit it off when Len was on a seven-day trip to Ukraine, and he flew her out to the U.S. to pursue a more serious relationship.
But the couple must decide whether they are ready to commit to marriage, or if their differences will ultimately come between them.
90 Day Fiancé premieres on TLC on January 12 at 10/9c.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Witch/wizard caught by Madina police
- MP's Wife Caught Having S3x With Her Boyfriend In The Bush - Photos
- Photo Of The Day: Ex- President, J.J. Rawlings’ Twin Brother Found
- “Why Should I Donate Money To Africa”, “What Has Africa Done For Me”?, Floyd Mayweather Opens Up
- Photos: Ghanaian Pastor’s Daughter Comes Out As Gay On Big Brother UK
- Nollywood Actor, Mike Ezuruonye Arrested In The USA - Photo
- Sakawa Boy Confesses - ''I Have $2 Million Dollars And 6 Bedroom House But Will Gladly Give Them Up If There Is A Way"
- HILARIOUS!!: Man Raped By 3 Women At Gunpoint
- Nigerian Governor Adams Oshiomhole, 63, Marries 29 Year Old Model, Lara Fortes - Photos
- Nkansah And The Prostitute
- Funny Photo: Liwin Meets Barack And Michelle Obama
- Van Vicker Weeps During Interview At Dumsor Vigil
- Check Out 45 S3x Positions Every Couple Must Try
- Little Ladies Men
- SHOCKING: Nigerian Restaurant Shut Down For Serving Human Flesh
- Pentecost Deacon Caught In The Act
- Martin Anderson, Ghanaian Drug Trafficker Killed By Firing Squad In Indonesia
- Anas Attacks John Dumelo
- Yvonne Nelson Blasts Mahama
- I Have Infected 712 Female University Students With HIV, Tamale S3x Tape Guy Reveals
- Sarkodie Records With American Rapper Ace Hood - Photos
- SHOCKING: See What A Man Did To His Wife, After Discovering Secretly That His Wife Was Cheating On Him
- KSM, Sarkodie And Others Meet Nana Akufo-Addo
- President Mahama Breaks Silence, Says ''I’ll Join Yvonne Nelson And Sarkodie For The #DumsorMustStop Demo"
- Barack Obama Lied About Osama’s Death To Claim Glory, Reports Reveal
- #DumsorMustStop Vigil: Yvonne Nelson And Others Begin Protest - Photos
- #DumsorMustStop Vigil: Fake HIV/AIDS Ambassador, Joyce Dzidzor Mensah Attacks Yvonne Nelson
- Nigerian Billionaire, Dangote Dumps Girlfriend For Leaking Their Secrete Romance - Photos
- VIDEO: Kwabena Kwabena Surprises Woman At Her Wedding In Germany
- VIDEO: Mahama Lacks Skills To Manage Affairs – Yvonne Nelson Attacks
- Nollywood Actor, Chinedu Ikedieze And Wife On Romantic Trip To Paris
- 50 Orgasms A Day: Amanda Gryce Finds Love As She Searches For Cure
- Yvonne Nelson Talks About The Effect Of Dumsor On Her Purse
- #DumsorMustStop Vigil: Yvonne Nelson Shows Us Venue - Video
- PHOTOS: Manny Pacquiao Arrives In La Vegas For Big Fight
- Guru - Obaa Jackie Chan (Official Video)
- Confidence Haugen, A Ghanaian Socialite Now Uses Crutches - Photos
- Abusua Doing Remix On Castro's Song, Menam Na Metete
- See How Western Countries See Ghana
- VIDEO: Dumsor Must Stop, But We Must All Work It Together, Kwaw Kese Advises
- London Wahala, Bismarkthejoke In London
- Find Out 7 Solutions That Can Save Your Relationship