Singer Shakira condemned by politicians in her native Colombia for 'promoting lesbianism' in latest video where she writhes around with Rihanna
- Colombian Shakira appears in racy video with singer Rihanna
- Politician in her native country has now branded her 'morally damaging'
- Marco Fidel Ramirez claims video promotes 'lesbianism and stealing'
By Lee Moran
PUBLISHED: 12:27 GMT, 5 February 2014 | UPDATED: 12:28 GMT, 5 February 2014
A Colombian politician has slammed singer Shakira for ‘promoting lesbianism’ in her latest music video for her collaboration with Rihanna.
Marco Fidel Ramirez is calling on Colombia's National Television Authority to ban the video of her tune ‘Can't Remember To Forget You’ from being broadcast on any of the nation's channels.
The Public Option party councillor, from the capital of Bogota, said the video ‘damages the moral character of the youth of Bogota, Colombia and Latin America.’
Controversial: Rihanna and Shakira appear together in the video for Can't Remember To Forget You
He dubbed the 37-year-old Colombian singer, who appears in various provocative positions with Rihanna, a reference point for a society in moral decay.
Mr Ramirez, a self-styled ‘defender of morals and principles’ said the pair should be ashamed with the song he claims also promotes tobacco use, stealing and killing.
‘Our Shakira with her erotic video is promoting tobacco usage and has become the worst example for our youth,’ he wrote on his Twitter feed.
‘Shakira's new video is a shameless case for lesbianism and immorality. It is a danger to children,’ he added, using the hashtag #PeligroVideoShakira, which translates to ‘Dangers of Shakira's Video.’
Ramirez, who said the video was ‘simply gross’ and nothing more than an ‘apology’ for lesbians, added: ‘It sends a provocative message to weak people who can be polluted and induced to practice (lesbianism).’
'Bad influence': Colombian singer Shakira has been dubbed a reference point for a society in moral decay after releasing her latest video
Steamy: Colombian politician Marco Fidel Ramirez is calling on nationwide ban on ‘Can't Remember To Forget You’ as he claims the video promotes 'lesbianism and immorality'
Hold on tight: Rihanna enjoys a faux sapphic moment with Shakira
The video, starring Shakira and Rihanna, 25, has already racked up more than 62million YouTube views.
It begins with Shakira on a bed singing about the mistakes she's made in love and moves on to the singer getting up close and personal with Rihanna, as the pair gyrate against a wall, cavort on a duvet and sensuously smoke cigars.
Shakira became an international success with her 2001 album Laundry Service, but gained fame in her home country in the mid-90s.
This is not the first time Shakira has been a topic of discussion in Latin American politics.
The singer dated Antonio de la Rua, the son of the former president of Argentina, Fernando de la Rúa, for 11 years.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Write Your Comment
- Innocent Little Girl Tortured By Ugandan Maid Died?
- Pastor Asks Female Church Members To Strip Before Praying For Them To Get A Husband
- 19 Yrs Old Ghanaian Girl, Nahnah Abynah Commits Suicide After Sex Tape Leaks - [Video]
- Video Of Nanny Kicking, Slapping And Stomping On Toddler's Head Repeatedly
- Ghanaian Girl's Private Video Leaks - Please Ladies Don't Ever Try This
- Video of girl's private session with her boyfriend inside the bush leaks
- Benedicta Yeboah, S3x Tape Girl Opens Up: "Plz I'm Not Dead...I'm Sorry, But We All Make Mistakes"
- Husband Catches Wife Naked On Top Of Her Pastor - Video