Local Favorite Dishes
Local Favorite Dishes you Must Definitely Try
1. Roasted Plantain and groundnuts.
2. Hausa Coco (spicy porridge). Mix in some groundnuts.
3. Khebabs. Meat or liver dipped in spicy powder and grilled, they are succulent.
4. Fufu the beloved dish of the Akans, (a staple diet of pounded cassava and plantain served with light, palm or groundnut soup with different types of meat or fish)
5. Fried yam and turkey tail (chofi), with hot spicy ground pepper.
6. Accra’s favorite – Ga kenkey & Fish (which is made from corn) the main traditional dishes eaten in this Region. It is nice with hot ground pepper sauce and fish, either grilled or fried. It is the main traditional dish eaten by the indigenes in this region.
7. K(ripe plantain cut in little pieces and fried with a spicy pepper and ginger mix). A delicious savory, it can be had on its own or as a desesrt.
8. Omo Tuo (rice balls or Tuo Zafi) served with palm or groundnut soup. A Sunday afternoon special! It is a favorite dish of the Northern & Upper regions of Ghana.
9. Waakye (pronounced waa chay). This is rice and beans cooked and serves with pepper and gravy sauce. It is nice with meat, eggs, macaroni, fried plantain and gari.
10. Banku (like Kenkey) and grilled Tilapia with pepper and chopped
11. Stews-Kontomere Stew (spinach). Okro or Garden eggs Stew also an